Wedding Makeup Trends for 2010
Now that winter is almost over and spring is just around the corner, it’s time to start considering your wedding day makeup. Here are some of the hottest trends in makeup for this coming wedding season:
- Smokey eyes have been popular time and again over the years but for this wedding season, we are seeing a new take on our old favorite. For year’s we have seen blacks and browns dominate the smokey eye look at weddings, now purples, grays, metallic and jewel tones are at the top of the list for eye shadow this season.
- If like a natural look for your wedding, I suggest gold and bronze eye shadows. It will appear soft yet dramatic.
- In order to keep your wedding day make up looking fresh and trendy, try not to overdo your lips and check bones.
- The main difference in this year's smokey eye trend is that the rest of the face looks natural.
- Remember to include your eyebrows on the wedding day. Do not over tweeze them!
- If the eyes can’t handle the smokey look then switch it up a bit and try to enhance your lips and leave your eyes natural on the wedding day.
- Always remember - in order to keep your look fresh this wedding season, emphasize your eyes or the lips but not both. The rest of your beautiful face should look natural with a bit of foundation and some really good quality waterproof mascara.
- I always tell my brides to hire a professional makeup artist on their wedding day and make sure you have a trial the week of the wedding. Try to take a few photos of yourself to see if you really like the look.
Don’t ever show up to a wedding without any makeup on. Photographers need to see some color in the face because once the flashes starting going off, it will really whiten a brides face and not flatter it.